Collection of Personal Information
At RiceBran Technologies, we are very sensitive to the privacy concerns of visitors to all of our websites, including this one. Though we do not obtain any personal information that individually identifies you (e.g., your name, address, phone number, e-mail address, etc.) unless you affirmatively provide it to us, many visitors do choose to provide us with such information.
What personal information might we ask you for and how do we use it?
We collect personal information from you (such as your name, address, phone number, e-mail address, etc.) only when you voluntarily provide it to us. Depending on the purpose for which the information was provided, we may use the information to communicate with you regarding our products, services, and promotions, to provide you with other information that you request, and/or to improve our product and service offerings.
Here are the circumstances in which we might ask for personal information from our consumers though our site, the types of information we obtain, and how we use the information:
- If you contact one of our Consumer Services Representatives through our site, we may ask you for personal information such as your name, address, phone number, or e-mail address so that we can respond to your questions or comments. (Of course, if you send us an e-mail, we will at a minimum obtain your e-mail address.)
- You may be asked to provide personal information if you:
- Register for a sweepstakes, contest, or other promotion;
- Register as a user of our site;
- Register to receive coupons through our site;
- Join a club through our site;
- Participate in a survey, a consumer research panel, or similar type of activity;
- Ask to receive an online newsletter or other information or material from us; or
- Otherwise participate in features of our website that ask for personal information.
- If you purchase or otherwise request a product, publication, or promotional offering from us or take advantage of a rebate or similar offer, you may be required to provide your contact and/or payment information (such as a credit card number) in order for us to process your request.
Your participation in any of these activities (and therefore your provision of personally identifiable information) is entirely voluntary. We may use the information you provide to respond to your questions or comments, to administer our promotions and sites, to fulfill your request, subscription, or order, or to otherwise provide or improve our products and services. We will not send you any online newsletter or similar e-mail communication unless you expressly consent to receive such a communication from us. And if you do choose to receive any such e-mail communication from us, you will always have the opportunity to “unsubscribe” from receiving the e-mail at any time.
We may employ cookie technology, web beacons, and similar devices on our site to facilitate site administration and navigation and to provide an enhanced online experience for our visitors.
- Information tracked through these mechanisms includes but is not limited to:
- (1) a user’s IP address (e.g., google.com, 192.168.1.1)
- (2) the type of web browser (e.g., Microsoft Internet Explorer)
- (3) operating system (e.g., Windows or Linux) being used
- (4) the pages of the site a user visits, and
- (5) other websites a user visited before visiting our site.
Most browsers accept cookies automatically, but can be configured not to do so or to notify the user when a cookie is being sent. If you wish to disable cookies, refer to your browser help menu to learn how to disable cookies. Please note that if you disable cookies, you may be unable to access some customized features on our site. Cookies do not collect or contain your name or e-mail address.
When might we provide other parties with your personal information?
We may share your personal information with other parties if you consent to us sharing such information with third parties.
We also may provide your personal information to third parties who provide services on our behalf. These parties may use the information solely in conjunction with the specific services they provide for us (e.g., fulfillment of an order, responding to your question or comment, providing a sweepstakes prize, deployment of a consumer survey, investigation of a complaint, etc.).
We reserve the right to transfer any information we have about you in the event that we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets to a third party. We also reserve the right to share information within RiceBran Technologies amongst our various businesses.
Security for credit card, data and transaction information
At RiceBran Technologies, we are committed to keeping your online transactions safe and secure. In order to reasonably assure the privacy and security of your credit card and other personal data when making an order, we use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology. SSL uses encryption technology to create a secure connection between your computer and ours. We have also put procedures in place to safeguard the information/data we collect from you. We cannot absolutely guarantee the security of any information you provide online; you provide it at your own risk.
Chat rooms and message/bulletin boards
Users of chat rooms and message/bulletin boards that may be on our site should be aware that when they voluntarily disclose personally identifiable information (e.g., name, e-mail address, etc.) on a message/bulletin board, in a chat area, or other interactive area where personal information can be posted, the information can be collected and used by other internet users. This may result in unsolicited messages from other posters or parties. We make no representations and undertake no obligations as to the security of information you voluntarily post in chat rooms and message/bulletin boards.
How to contact us.